Oct 30, 2015

Friday Findings: Fall Hats

Just driving around the Queen City in this Blush Beauty

For this edition of Friday Findings I'm sharing my love of hats!  They top off a look with style and personality.  My Mamma loves hats too and always tells me about how my great-grandma used to always wear a hat on Sundays.  I know I refer to my Mamma when it comes to the origin of my style, but who better to emulate?!

Every time I'm out and about in a hat I am stopped with a compliment or two.  They're not hard to find yet I rarely see gals wearing them.  Don't be afraid!  Find a hat you like, one that makes you feel good and strut in confidence.  I often hear 'I can't wear hats', 'Hats don't look good on me', 'I wish I looked cute in hats'.

Pity party over! You can wear them and there is a style that looks good on you.

For the spring/summer or when I'm outside running or working in my yard I'm ball cap all the way or a straw/sun hat.

Come fall/winter I bring out my favorites in wool and felt.  I adore the deep colors, texture and styles.  They can also keep you warm - although Mr says with as much hair as I have it's like wearing a permanent hat - tell me about it!  In the summer I have urges to just cut it all off.

Hat's do serve a practical purpose as they conceal those bad hair days.

Now, hats are not appropriate in an office setting. So I wouldn't invest too much into hats as you'd only be wearing them on the weekend.  It's taken several years for me to build my inventory.  Start small, one hat at a time and wear it on a Saturday out running errands or lunching with the ladies.
And since it's Fall you should be outside enjoying the rainbow of leaves and crisp cool leaves under a hat.

Here are some of my favorites ....


Dress Beautifully in a Wool Hat

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: