Oct 19, 2015

Tweed Layers


Gals, It's a been a long break, too long, but I'm back embracing a new season of looks to keep you dressed beautifully in the fall/winter season.
Forgive me for my absence but my heart and mind were needed with my personal life :)

The key to Fall, especially in the South is to layer.  Every day the weather is different and throughout the day we can experience temps that range from the 40's in the mornings to 80 in the afternoons.

This look is quintessential SL! Most of my dresses are sleeveless sheaths and I have a large collection of dress shirts.  From October to March you'll find these worn together. I like to make the  most of my wardrobe with pieces that can be styled all year long alone or together.  
For those rare days of cold I'll add a blazer and/or coat.

These Brooks Brothers dress shirts are my Favorite!! I've shared them with you now for almost 2 years and I'll tell you again gals, a crisp dress shirt is a foundation piece and essential for the office (although I do wear mine with jeans on the weekends).

Another favorite for me are the textures that come with Fall/Winter: Tweed, Cashmere, Wool, Boucle, Knit, Leather, Fur .... Fashion just gained a whole lot of depth as the temps dropped.

This sheath is in a vertical light weight tweed in cream and navy.  Because it isn't heavy it's perfect for all year wear and the vertical design is the icing for those of us who are petite.
I chose a lavender dress shirt and blue pumps to compliment the navy in a subtle way. I also pulled out an oldie but goodie with a leather quilted handbag that once belonged to my Grandma - who inspired my love for white tops and navy blue.







Tweed Dress: J Crew || Dress Shirt: Brooks Brothers || Pumps: Similar || 
Earrings: Honora || Handbag: Similar & Here || Polish: Butter || 

Dress Beautifully in Tweed 

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

ignacio pacheco said...

the classic shirt are perfect on you and use allways so cute ... use more shirt popped collar is so cute and sexy .. what number of withe shirt you have