Aug 18, 2016

Licorice & Whiskey


When it comes to brown I'm all about the lighter and richer shades, most often referred to as cognac or whiskey.  They're warm and smooth as Mr likes to say.

I find it common to pair neutrals with colors but how refreshing to go all neutral.  Typically I style my neutrals on the lighter side with ivory and tan but with Fall right around the corner I'm craving darker hues and cooler temps!

I eyed this skirt for a few weeks in the store and when a sale promotion rolled around I scooped it up!  I love the color and touch of luster in the fabric.  While the length is slightly longer, hitting right below the knee the vertical buttons down the front create a long line on the body.
Note: These buttons are 'faux' / nonfunctioning so no worries on puckering or pulling when you sit!
Midi lengths can evoke a fear of shortening for most gals.  Keep the hem no longer than the top of your calf and the waist high and you'll find your lower body will actually appear longer.

I challenged myself to incorporate more black into my wardrobe.  That's a big stretch outside my comfort zone as it's the color I wear the very least. This skirt was the perfect piece to pair with black.

Take a break from the rainbow and style your next look with browns and black.








Top: Brooks Brothers & Similar || Skirt: Ann Taylor & Similar & Here || Pumps: Nine West ||
Gold Bangle: J Crew || Handbag: Prada & Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Black & Brown

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: