Aug 15, 2016

Peek a Boo


Tis the season of shoulders.  I shared this trend with you in this post, here and again here.

And today it's all about this trendy button up.  I believe in crisp dress shirts as evidence by the large inventory hanging in my closet.  They're sharp, classic and pair, layer and coordinate with everything.

All of my off-the-shoulder tops are clearly appropriate outside of business hours.  I leave a small percentage of my wardrobe for that category because those occasions are so few.

This top marries the off-the-shoulder trend with the dress shirt beautifully. The crisp collar and pinstripes bring sophistication while the ruffles and peek through shoulders give it sass.

While this top is trendy I do believe paired with trousers or as I did with a pencil skirt it could be worn to the office if your work place is fairly casual, non customer facing and for those days with no meetings.

Note: this top does run small and with the ruffle seam across the chest buttoning up all the way was restricting.  Although I don't believe I would any way as it's a bit stuffy.

Tip: A raceback bra is ideal, more like necessary, for tops like this one that cut in.

This top is also perfect for transitioning in to Fall with its long sleeves.  Pair with dark skinny jeans and booties and you're all set for the weekend.






Cold Shoulder Top: Nordstrom & Here ||  Pencil Skirt: J Crew & Similar || Pumps: Nine West  ||
Gold Bangle: J Crew || Earrings: Similar || 

More Cold Shoulder Tops: Here - Here - Here - Here  

Dress Beautifully in a Cold Shoulder Top

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: