Aug 24, 2016

Ready Set Reds



Red is a powerful color.  It's bold and bright and grabs attention.  According to the old song 'Lady in Red' men love a gal in red.  I have to say I agree, it's my red hair that grabbed Mr's attention :)

I want to talk about pops vs continuity.  There's the concept of styling where one element of color is added to a neutral look.  It showcases that one element of color such as shoes, statement jewelry or handbag.

I prefer continuity, where the elements flow throughout the entire look.  Today's look is all about a stream of red.  Now, the shades of red are not all the same which creates depth and interest.  I'm not a matchy matchy gal.

I also like to mix my casual and dressy pieces.  It's more unexpected and a great way to balance out your wardrobe.  This tweed jacket with it's gold buttons is very ladylike while the striped muscle tank  in stripes is very casual.  The jeans are polished in a dark wash while still casual in nature paired with my super shiny shoes in bright patent leather create a nice mix.  These shoes are my MOST FAVORITE shoe design!!! I have this shoe in patent black and brown croc (these shoes are a post all in themselves - stay tuned).

The reds, textures and prints in this look all compliment each other creating a continuity of reds amongst themselves.

Rather than one element of color in your next look, try going more cohesive tying in a color throughout.









Striped Muscle Tank: Madewell & Similar & Here || Jacket: Similar & Here ||
Jeans: Banana Republic || Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo || Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Reds

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looooove that jacket!!!