Apr 12, 2017

Easy Breezy


When it comes to this look these words come to mind: simple. light. effortless. classic.
I could keep going but since this a blog of pictures I'll let them highlight the elements.

What I mean by simple is that it's a crisp palliate of white and oxford blue with clean lines.
It's light in a poplin cotton fabric keeping you cool and comfortable.
It's effortless in that its fit highlights the shape of the body but still loose enough for easy movement. It's classic in the basic white top and a-line skirt in timeless stripes and button front design.

This outfit is the picture of summer style.  But let's be honest, I'm breaking a big rule in these white mules!  Down here in the south we don't wear white shoes before Easter or after Labor Day.  BUT I haven't worn them in real life just for these pics so technically I'm not guilty :)

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of white shoes.  Maybe it's because I wore them all the time as a little girl and I feel they have a cheap look about them. But I must say in a mule or slide style I think white is sophisticated and modern.

Besides all those adjectives I've used to describe this outfit, this skirt is just easy breezy!  You feel like you're not wearing anything, like the feeling of a swing dress but you don't loose shape with the fitted waist band. Cotton is king in the summer.  It's how you survive the heat. And blue and white is forever a favorite pair.

And after all this talk here comes the best part ... you can bring home this skirt on your next Target run! How's that for convenience?! And besides you know you can't go in there without coming out with a least 5 things you didn't know you had to have!







White Top  ||  Striped Skirt  ||  White Mules & HereHere   ||

Dress Beautifully in a Button Front Skirt

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: