Apr 26, 2017

Texturized


Well, today's the first day, wait I guess 2nd day, details, as 34.  Yesterday was so special and full of celebration with the ones I love!

I don't know about you but one of the perks of your birthday month are the birthday coupons you receive in your email or via snail mail so you can treat yourself.  And gals, I surely do every April.

Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores for unique designs.  Although I'm going to be honest, it is a bit pricey so I try and be savvy watching their sales.  But for your birthday month they send you a discount on your purchase and I took this number (and maybe a couple more) home.

Anthro is not my go-to for my every day wear, again their designs are very distinctive and typically casual, but come spring and summer I appreciate the dresses especially.
While 80% of my wardrobe is polished and classic I like to throw in some fun and comfortable pieces.  I still want them to be wearable, meaning they're still modest and can be dressed up or down.

This dress is mix of elements making it very versatile. Sure the fabric, texture and cut is fairly casual but you can easily dress those factors right up with accessories.
I added colored heels for instant sass but I foresee pairing with wedges or flat sandals and rocking it at the beach this summer.

I also want to add that while a sheath & fit and flare dress is the most flattering for an hour glass shape I am finding that a drop waist or ruffled hem is a nice option for something less fitted. There is still an a-line shape that doesn't hide your proportions. The drop waist doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a sack that a shift dress can often do when your curvy.

Add some texture, a touch of neon and a swing to your strut in this summer ready dress.







My face when I buy more than I should ... 'But you can't let a discount go to waste' Right?!!


Dress Beautifully in a Textured Sundress

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! And I LOVE that dress. So fun.