Apr 6, 2017

LBD for a Night Out


Today is day 4 of wearing this little black dress. 

Today's weather is a bit chilly so I added a long sleeve shirt underneath my dress.  Yesterday it was raining all day and I just have to give thanks for the blessing to have rain boots, a waterproof jacket and a closet full of clean clothes to wear.

Over 4,000 children in Charlotte schools are reported homeless. They aren't just wearing the same thing every day, they might also be sleeping in it & they definitely aren't washing it.  Junior League of Charlotte volunteers work with families who are trying to transition out of homelessness so children can have at least the stability of calling something other than a school cubby their "address." Help me turn 1 dress into addresses, by donating  to the JLC HERE

Before I go any further I want to share how tremendously thankful I am for every email read, social media post liked & shared, and for the generosity of family, friends, colleagues near and far who have kindly donated to my page in support against poverty.  ALL of you have warmed my heart but most importantly you've warmed the hearts of those in need! 

YOU can fight this fight against poverty with me by clicking below 

Most of you know that Ryan, my husband, practices medicine in the ER here in Charlotte. So we personally are invested in the health of our community.

Did you know.....
There are almost 100,000 uninsured Children in North Carolina.  Children without health insurance coverage are less likely than insured children to have a regular health care provider and to receive care when they need it. They are also more likely to receive treatment after their condition has worsened, putting them at greater risk of hospitalization.  Through our Healthy Family Initiative, Junior League of Charlotte volunteers ensure that children living in poverty get health, audio, eye, & dental screenings at our health fairs and at our Big Shots Saturdays, over 400 children a year are getting required immunizations to keep them healthy and in school.  Wanna be a Big Shot? Your tax deductible donation helps us keep kids healthy. Donate HERE


For the fourth installment on styling a LBD I'm sharing a night out look.  All you need is a snazzy pair of heels, some statement jewelry and a small handbag.  Because gals, you are off the clock! There is no need to haul around more than the essentials (lipstick, phone, keys and your wallet).  

Speaking of phones, I know we all want to capture those 'I'm all dressed up and not sitting on my couch tonight' pics with our friends but I challenge you to keep the phones down and your eyes up.  Be present with your company & enjoy the conversation.  Everything else will still be there later. I promise. 
That's what 'latergram' and 'about last night' posts are for :)







LBD  ||  Pumps & Similar  ||  Clutch  ||  Earrings  ||  Sunglasses  || 

Dress Beautifully in a LBD for a Night Out

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: