Jan 9, 2019

Dress like a Duchess



I've been trying to dress like the Duchess Kate since her engagement to Prince William. #truth
Now, while I do believe she has input into her garments the reality is that she has access to designers and stylists that us common folk will never have.  But don't let that discourage you. You can create looks equally as classy.

What defines the Duchess's style?  Modesty, higher necklines, longer hemlines, and fabrics/construction that skims the body and highlights the waist line.  Nothing is too form fitting and honestly gals that's more slimming than pieces that are like a second skin.

What you don't want to do is look like you're attending a costume party. So no broaches, hats or gloves.  Keep your accessories modern like hoop earrings or add a colored heel or handbag.

When I saw this dress before Christmas I immediately said to myself, 'that's totally something Princess Kate would wear; I must have it'.  It fit beautifully and it came home with me.

This dress reminds me of the blue Issa dress she wore when her engagement was announced to the world.  My favorite color to wear is white so I love the lightness of this dress.  However this ivory has a blue/gray undertone which is a bit cooler than I prefer with my warm coloring.  The fabric also has a luster which makes it a bit fancy (but not too fancy for daytime wear). The wrap tie sash around the waist creates the upmost feminine silhouette.  The a-line skirt has tons of movement that may just give you a bit of pep in your step!

I wore this dress to Sunday morning worship before Christmas but it would be perfect for the office, a baby shower (no bridal events unless you are the bride then it's perfect), the theatre, symphony or any occasion you want to feel pretty!







Dress | Pumps | Handbag & Similar | Earrings |

Dress Beautifully in a Dress Fitting for a Duchess

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: