Jan 14, 2019

Mamma Monday: A ONEderful Birthday!

Hey gals! Cheers to a new week and hopefully you're still energized and keeping up with your goals for the New Year.

I wanted to share with you Vivian Louise's 1st Birthday celebration.  While it's a bit of a personal show and tell, I feel it's important because you, as a reader, stuck it out while I posted sporadically once she was born.  And she makes me, me so it's also a celebration of my first year of motherhood.


 Good Morning Baby Girl


Her birthday party was held at our home, and since we recently moved it was a great opportunity to host our friends that hadn't yet seen it. I highly recommend having your baby's first birthday party at home because it's the place she was nurtured and cared for during the first year. It's also cozy for your guests and extremely convenient for scheduling around naps.  You want to schedule it right after your baby wakes up so that they are nice and happy!

INVITATIONS
You gals know I'm obsessed with the mail (I even got this beauty for Christmas). Checking the mail is one of my favorite activities to do in the afternoon with baby girl - Santa even brought her this play kit! That being said I ordered and mailed her invitations.
The design was PERFECT.  Her color is lavender and I felt they were classic and delicate, just like her.



THEME
Vivian Louise LOVES the very hungry caterpillar.  She received several toys and books at my baby showers and has since has collected lots of caterpillars.  So I incorporated it in the cupcakes, treat bags and used her favorite stuffed caterpillar for display and pail to hold utensils. I used her color, lavender for the remainder of items: balloons, plates, napkins and flowers.


DECORATIONS
First, I'm NOT a Pinterest Mamma. No crafts. I believe that clean and simple is beautiful.
I used classic lavender balloons and fresh flowers, along with her newborn photo, her favorite caterpillar and milestone blocks on the console table.  I framed the invitation to display on our entry way table. Her treat bags and cupcakes added to the hungry caterpillar theme.



I also created a hanging display of her monthly pictures so that guest could see just how's she's grown.

FOOD
Since her party was at 1:00 pm I chose light snacks. I served cucumber tea sandwiches, pretzels, goldfish, animal cookies, a hummus and veggie platter and my favorite punch (because it's delicious and light so no staining if spilled).
I also used my vintage linens with a touch of lace and pink embroidery on the table.




CAKE
I wanted her cake to be simple so I chose a white cake with white icing and lettering in lavender.
I must share that when I picked it up I was a bit disappointed that the baker took initiative and added lavender dots on the side.  Even though I expressed more than once that I wanted it simple, no extras. Oh well it was still beautiful.

My sister makes all the birthday cakes in our family. She even made Vivian Louise's dedication cake.
She made a hungry caterpillar using cupcakes! It was so perfect and fun.


PS I made the kids eat their cupcakes outside on our covered patio. No way am I going to have dirty hands with green icing in our home!








FAVORS
I ordered these adorable hungry caterpillar treat bags and filled them each with 2 oranges and an apple for the kids to take home.  The Mammas giggled because they know I'm very nutritious (not sure if the kids actually liked them)



I thought I would cry and be super sad that my baby was 1, but I didn't.  I was completely overjoyed at the wonderful and precious gift that God has blessed us with.  I truly celebrated her!!!
Our hears are full of gratitude to our family and friends who gifted her fun toys and shared love and encouragement to us.



*I want to raise Vivian Louise to have a grateful heart. I plan to teach her how to write thank you notes. I also make sure to send pictures of her playing with toys or wearing outfits to those who have generously given to her.






Dress Your Birthday Parties Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise





No comments: