Jan 1, 2019

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Gals!



So I realized earlier this morning that I launched this little blog 5 years ago!!!!! You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun ... or dressing beautifully heehee

I don't really do 'resolutions'.  I mean I'm ALWAYS setting goals and they're ever changing because life never stays the same.

Statistically people only stick to their resolutions for 12 days - very disappointing.
Personally, I believe growth starts in the heart.


I've been using this planner for nearly 10 years!

So for 2019 I'm going to focus on these things ...

1. Know Christ better.
Because, He has a perfect plan and purpose for me and I want to fulfill that in the ways that glorify Him.  I want my relationship with Him to grow and be a first priority. Giving ALL the gratitude to God.

2. People over possessions
It is so easy to love your nice things and God wants us to enjoy life and it's blessings.  But they are just things. Spending quality time and developing relationships with others is a great way to minister and be a blessing.  I guarantee you'll also be blessed!

3. Consistency
Having baby Vivian Louise this year rocked my world in the best way.  But because my focus was on her (I wouldn't have it any other way) I wasn't as consistent with a lot of things I love to do.  I thrive on schedule and routine but babies will teach you flexibility whether you want to learn it or not.
I worked out random times throughout the day (I still don't like exercising at home but I managed to sweat at least 5 times a week hitting the gym every chance someone could watch her), blogging happened when it happened (huge thanks for the readers that have been patient and stuck around XOXO), correspondence was spotty, our home went through complete disarray with our unexpected move and volunteering (I support 3 nonprofits) was slim.
Even with an extremely strict baby schedule productivity was low.
I did however manage to attend 2 semesters of bible study without an absence!
My hope is, now that she is 1, and will start attending some schooling I can have dedicated time to devote to my interests.

Whatever your focus is for 2019, I encourage you to avoid looking at the past or gazing too far in the future but rather be in the present! Cherish the moments!

And of Course,
Dress Beautifully in 2019

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: