Jan 21, 2019

Mamma Monday: Heirloom Dress Gallery

There are so many keepsakes and items from Vivian Louise's first year that I want to hold dear and cherish forever.
While I can't keep every garment she ever wore or every toy she played with, I have hand selected pieces to keep that I can pass down to her.  I love that my Mamma saved things from my childhood.  Vivian Louise has even worn a dress that I wore as a baby.

Typically items are put away in a bin/box and stored in a closet rarely to be revisited. But just like a framed photograph can take us back to wonderful memories, I wanted to embrace that concept with some items from her first year.


Since I love dressing her in traditional, timeless clothing I thought it would be precious to frame a few of her heirloom pieces and display them in her nursery.


I used 16x20 frames and used white fabric for the backing.
I wanted to hang them 2x2 above her crib but they would hang too low and I didn't want her to be able to reach them. So we hung them on the opposite wall and they fit perfectly!

Left to Right:


This is a Feltman Brothers dress with delicate embroidery and lace.  I wore this brand as a baby.

This was the first dress I ever bought her, just 2 days after finding out she was a girl.
It's a Sarah Louise (I couldn't wait to dress her in this brand).  She wore it for her 3 month pictures and Easter Sunday.

This dress was a gift from my Mamma.  She wore it for her dedication celebration.

This is the gown she wore for her baby dedication. It was a gift from her Granny. 


Cherish those special pieces that make you remember the precious moments!

Dress Your Baby's Nursery Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise






No comments: