Jan 28, 2019

Mamma Monday: Closet turned Playroom


Welcome to Vivian Louise's closet turned playroom!  When we found our house one of the things we were most thrilled about were the humongous walk in closets for all the bedrooms.
Now that Vivian Louise is 1, her nursery isn't just a pretty room where we rock her, change her and where she sleeps.  It's now a room where she spends time awake playing with her toys.

She's always adored her room, not sure if it's the soft colors or just that she knew it was hers but it's her happy place.  This thrills me as I loved creating it for her.

I wanted to keep her room nice and pretty and the rest of our home nice and pretty!  As I noticed she would bee line to her closet every time I was in there picking out her clothes it occurred to me that it was just the right space to make into a play area for her.  And to house her toys in an organized fashion.


The hanging quilt was handmade by a lady at our church and made the perfect wall decor and the mermaid painting my sister made using her daughter's hand print.

The rug is amazing!  It's not fluffy so it won't collect dirt but just enough softness, color and a fun confetti pattern :)
It's not a perfect fit with a few inches too wide but it is mostly hidden.




I used soft bins with labels and handles for easy and pretty organization. I love that you can find them in whatever color suits your decor - everything purple and pink for my baby girl!

Although she can't read to put her toys away in the correct bin, whoever is playing with her can.

I used the inside cubbies to house bigger toys.


I decorated the top of the shelves with her wooden doll house (she's not quite ready for it yet) and her special handmade bear and caterpillar.



On the left side are her hanging dress clothes and of course beautiful bonnets.


Underneath is her piano, puzzles and baskets of fun.
Low soft baskets are key Mammas! That way they can get into them easily.
I bought a nesting set in white and they've been perfect.

Puzzle racks are also necessary so that you don't loose the pieces.


There are also two rows of shelving on top to house sentimental things like her Moses basket, baby book etc ... as well as the everyday things like diapers.
I also have bins up there with clothes I'm keeping and clothes that she hasn't grown into yet.

We use this canvas tote bag to fill with toys when we are going places for extended time.  Easy to grab, fill and go! 



I used a clear over the door shoe rack for her baby shoes, socks and hair bows.



She's not confined to play in her closet, we leave the double doors open and she has a blast in her teepee and spreading out her toys on her rug.


This rattan carriage is not only beautiful but it's great to push around.

This lamb sings 'Jesus Loves Me' and this bunny is the BEST! She got her for Christmas and we gave the elephant version to her cousin. She plays peek-a-boo and sings.


Again these soft low baskets are so perfect for toddlers. And they're cute!


This shelf has nothing to do with her closet/playroom but it's pretty so I'm sharing it :)
It houses the things I don't want her playing with/destroying.  They're special and require supervision. 

Now the prettiest part of her room is her framed heirloom dress gallery wall I shared with you last week HERE!




Dress Your Baby's Playroom Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: