Jan 16, 2019

Seeing Stars


Gals, I'm not big on kitschy pieces, although cute.  Save the characters and graphic tees for the kiddos. I also believe that your wardrobe shouldn't just be comprised of just solids, stripes, plaids ... you get the idea. Don't be boring!

Incorporating a fun (not tacky) print brings life to your closet.  Especially if you are in the office all week, you need some whimsy! It also adds detail to your wardrobe which can also give it a richer feel.

It was my lucky day when this sweater and I met. It was before Christmas and I was doing some shopping at Marshalls/Homegoods (PS Homegoods has the BEST toys!) and I spotted this sweater.  It's by Rebecca Taylor which has quickly become one of my favorites - BUT she's expensive!! The sweater was 65% off the retail price.
I scooped it up and brought it home without even trying it on.

I want to encourage you to shop outside the mall - Amazon, Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc...  Even nice consignment boutiques.  I promise you'll find unique pieces to add to your closet.

I HATE the color gray - like can. not. stand. it! but in clothing I can tolerate it in small doses. I actually like it in this design because it's lighter and compliments the muted blue stars.  When doing a fun print subtle shades are probably better than bold.

For a modern/edgy look I paired with coated jeans (y'all I've had these for a good 5 years) and a heeled bootie.







Star Sweater - Similar & Here | Coated Jeans | Booties | Earrings |

PS I bought these star earrings for my bf and then had to go back and get the fo me :)

Dress Beautifully in Stars

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: