Aug 5, 2019

Mamma Monday: Don't Worry - Be Trusting

Good morning Mammas! I hope that you enjoyed a lot of fun with your littles this past weekend.  It's hard to believe there's only a few weeks left of Summer before it's 'back to school'. But rather than focus on how little time is left of Summer I'm trying to just make the most of every day with ALL the happy memories we can share with each other.


Our Pastor has been leading our church in a study of Philippians this Summer and yesterday's sermon really spoke to me as a Mamma. I've never considered myself a 'worrier' but I did notice that my Mamma friends seemed to have a cautious and concerned attitude over their children.  And then I understood.  From the moment I found out I was pregnant there was an overwhelming sense of responsibility followed by 'what-ifs'.

Here's some real honest perspective:

- Worrying is a lack of trust in God (Psalm 56:11)

- Worrying is believing in false teachings (Romans 16:17)

- Worrying distracts you away from God (Mark 4:19)

Here's some real honest encouragement:

- God has a perfect plan and purpose for you (Jeremiah 29:11)

- God has many blessings for you (Proverbs 3:5-6)

- God will never leave nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Mammas, I'm not a preacher nor a bible scholar, what I am is a God loving Mamma that shares the same struggles as you.


I had many medical complications carrying our baby Vivian Louise, I brought home a premie baby at just 36 weeks & 4lbs 11oz, I battled recoveries from a c-section & mastitis, I facilitated physical therapies for baby girl, and I most recently am working on her verbal development.
And as parents we can easily worry about finances, education and ALL the ways we are raising her.

God will give you what you need WHEN you need it.

In the grand scheme of things my struggles are so teeny tiny. God is so much bigger and mighty.

Give those worries and what-if's to God. Pray about everything and do it precisely and with praise.  Pray with gratitude!!! Because He is blessing you!
Philippians 4:6

P.S. Live in love with your fellow sisters in Christ. They are encouragement and accountability.


Dress Beautifully Worry Free & Filled with Trust

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: