Aug 30, 2019

Friday Favorites: Home Decor

TGIF! What a sweet week this has been.  It's the last week of Summer before Vivian Louise starts preschool.  It hasn't hit me yet that our days of splashing, sliding and story times are going to be fewer.  I believe it's because I'm so stinkin excited for her to learn and make new friends.  It's going to be a change for me too, I'm ready to get back into working but that's a whole other topic!


I realized that we've been in our home now for close to a year!  Wow, I can't believe it's been that long.  I also realized that I've never shared a home tour, probably because there's SO MUCH we want to do to each room but is one's home ever really done?? I'm going to work on sharing some of where our home is now and a peek at what we'd like to change.  In the end it's the time shared in these rooms that make them great.

When it comes to decor and furniture I'm a traditionalist with a tad of modern sprinkled throughout.  I believe that furniture can be lifetime investment, such as your bed, dressers, rugs, buffets, consoles, end tables and dining tables.  The filler decorative pieces can be a bit more fashionable and replaced over the years.

Here are several pieces that are stylish, add function and are fairly inexpensive...


Metal Shelves
I love these shelves! Because they are glass they don't weigh down a room like heavy wood bookcases do.  The metal adds a modern touch to your room.  I'm thinking of adding these to our formal living room but since we have a mirrored console already in there I hesitate to add more metallic.
Another great thing about these shelves is that you could move them from room to room.


China Cabinet
This cabinet is the most expensive thing on this post but I'm considering it for our den, one on each side of the fireplace so I had to share it.  The other option is custom built ins. I love that this one looks like an expensive piece but for a much lower price. 


I think spindle chairs are so beautiful! And I'm amazed to have found one for under 1k!

Settee
We have a settee in our house and they are so versatile! It's served as seating in our prior breakfast room and now in Ryan's office.  I'm thinking of moving it into our master bedroom.


Chests are expensive especially if you are buying multiples but they serve multiple purposes in bedrooms and living spaces. I prefer solid hardwood but if you need something more affordable these are the ticket. 

Glass Lamps
These lamps look so designer and come in multiple colors.


End Table
Another piece that's easy to fill your space and add quick function next to your seating.


I believe that every room needs plants but not every room has the lighting needed and not every owner has a green thumb. Silk plants save the day!

Gold Drapery Rods
We have gold rods throughout our home and I feel it adds glamour and looks expensive.


Garden Stool
Porcelain garden stools are so handy. They add function beside accent chairs and are easy to move around.

This pink swing hanging on our grand magnolia tree is our home's cutest decor!

Just like your wardrobe, I believe you should invest on foundation/classic pieces but can opt for more inexpensive pieces when it comes to adding modern style.

Dress Your Home Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Well written and compassionate post. I find your thoughts and wisdom to be encouraging and helpful, many thanks and God bless you always! gear junkie

zaman said...

"When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.play exciting flash games. Thanks you for sharing! survivorsfortress
"

zaman said...

"When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.play exciting flash games. Thanks you for sharing! survivorsfortress
"