Oct 15, 2019

HONEY

Hi dear friends.  I missed writing to you Friday and yesterday.  I had the best of intentions for Friday (and some super cute things to share) but in preparing to leave for the weekend on my church's annual Ladies Retreat in the mountains and attending my MOPS meeting (NOT missing those sessions of fellowship & encouragement) I wasn't able to squeeze it in.
I did however manage to have our home spic and span and the kitchen stocked with groceries and prepared meals.

Covering her with kisses to get me through a weekend away

For my 'Mamma Monday' post I planned to share with you some of the encouragement from our retreat.

But yesterday my dear sweet cat, Scragley, passed in our home that morning.
Gracious, I'm already crying.
I know, I know, he's a cat.  I don't even like cats, but he was mine for over 10 years.  He was literally by my side every day. He was a sweet companion while living alone for 4 years and during Ryan's deployment. His neediness drove me crazy but I'd do anything to have him back at my feet.


He loved us fiercely but especially his baby Vivian.  He watched over her from the time we brought her home. He was always near her and tolerated her pulling on his tail and ears.  He waited for her to wake up every morning and he was the first thing she looked for when I brought her downstairs.
That's the hardest part gals, not seeing them together.


I had fun over the years dressing him up.  He was such a large cat that I could put him in medium dog outfits. Even my gal pals loved him because he was so relaxed and never met a stranger.
We are going to pack up his belongings this afternoon and give them away.
It will get better over time but our home will always be missing him.



Let's pull it together, shall we...

This was my second year organizing my church's ladies retreat.
I wanted it to be a time of encouragement and refreshment.
Before we held on job titles, were mothers, were wives, we are women created by God to serve Him and bless others.  The world and it's pressures can weigh us down and distract us from our purpose.

I found this article and shared it as part of my devotional.  In a nut shell, we will NEVER ever be 'enough' for the world. No matter how big our salary is, how beautiful our home is decorated, how well behaved and accomplished our children are, how in shape we are, how many fancy trips we take,  how cool our friend circle is or beautiful outfits we wear, we will always find ourselves striving to measure up.


But in Christ we are enough.  In Him and ONLY Him will we ever have peace, joy, contentment and love.
So stop running on the hamster wheel of what the world says you should be, have or do and focus on God's will for you.
I also touched on the overwhelming agenda of self absorption hidden behind the title of 'self care'.  You aren't here to satisfy and treat yourself but to glorify and serve God. #truth
So rather than spending your efforts on attempting to please yourself how about taking care of your soul (open up the word and read sisters).


We also discussed Psalm 81.
We are constantly disobedient and resist opening our hearts and lives.  We are stubborn. But if we open wide and submit he will fill and satisfy us.
 Verse 16 says "But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you"

If we abide in him luxuries and necessities will be provided.
He is our rock, grace and mercies are from Him.
From the hardest of times, God can extract honey - sweet blessings.


Whatever you're struggling with, turn to Him and abide.  Dig deep in His word.  Fellowship face to face with your sisters in Christ as they are here to minister to you and help bear your burdens alongside you. I urge you to pray for the right company to turn to.

Dress Your Heart Beautifully in Him and Out Will Come Honey

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: