Oct 30, 2019

Seasonal Mix Up


Just because we're in a season of typically darker hues and heavier textures doesn't mean you have to to abandon pieces with bright colors and lighter fabrics.  The trick to transitioning those pieces is to incorporate them with those darker hues and heavier textures.

At first glance you may say that this blouse is strictly for Spring/Summer but style it with dark jeans and calf hair leopard pumps and a dark bag and it adds just the right amount of warm cheer.

You can't hold on to ALL your spring/summer pieces but anything in poplin cotton or silk is fair game.  Just keep everything else in your outfit for the current season.
For example: dark jeans, a fur vest, leather Moto jacket, tweed and boots are great for balancing a lighter & bright garment.
I believe it's important to have a wardrobe that's versatile!

Note:  when it comes to leopard shoes or handbags - calf hair is the only way to go!

I adore this blouse for it's puff sleeve, v-neck that highlights the twist front detail on the chest and unique floral print.
When it's warmer I'd pair it with white jeans and wedges.

These jeans are a Demi-Boot crop and I'm loving them. I shared them with you on last's Friday's post.  I love the higher rise and that the length allows for absolutely any shoe (I've worn pumps and sneakers with them). Personally I prefer a button fly on jeans and feel that it's flattering on the lower abdomen.


This bag is vintage from the 60's and even has that old smell to it.  I have quite the collection of vintage accessories like broaches and silk scarves in my closet.  I also incorporate vintage items in my home such as furniture, rugs and silver.







Dress Beautifully Mixing Pieces of All Seasons

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: