Oct 23, 2019

Long Dark & Floral


Long dark floral dresses are totally my type.  At least for Fall & Winter.  Otherwise I prefer lighter florals but florals nonetheless because they are pretty! And small floral prints are my preference.  They're more delicate and dainty.

Dark dainty floral dresses were all the rage in the late 90's and I'm happy to see them back ... just not with combat boots please! (I've seen them creeping in popularity UGH heavy and NOT feminine).

I was thrilled when I found this Rebecca Taylor dress at TJMaxx. She's one of my top favorite designers for her use of silk fabric, pretty prints and feminine details. However, she's pricey so I'm happy to pick up these treasures at a discount.

I paired it with velvet heels since it is cooler weather but pumps and strappy heels would be equally pretty.  And when I'm not in my day-to-day I love mini bags.  They're precious and say 'I'm here for the occasion'. Holding just what you need.

It's hard to see in these pictures but the design incorporates a puff sleeve, seams under the bust and a dropped waist.  You don't see this silhouette very often!

Bonus: I felt a little like Princess Kate here in this dress as she tends to wear long sleeves and hem lines. #goals










Dress Beautifully in a Long Dark Floral Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: