Oct 25, 2019

Friday Favorites: Jackets & Jeans

TGIF!  It has felt like Fall all week and I'm loving it! The mornings and evenings are cool but the afternoons are full of warm sunshine.  The highlight of this week was definitely the costume carnival at Vivian's preschool Wednesday evening.  The kiddos came dressed up for a costume parade and the parents handed out candy.  Then there was pizza!  I feed Vivian as healthy as I can, but gracious that gal loooooves pizza.  We had as much fun as she did seeing all the little ones playing and full of excitement over their costumes & candy.  It was also a great getting to know and spend time with the other parents.


I purchased two costumes with the intentions of picking one for her to wear and returning the other.  I neglected to return one so she was the coolest chick at the carnival and you'll just have to wait until next week to see her costume for Halloween 🎃

Now that the weather has cooled off jeans and jackets are wardrobe essentials.
I actually own all of these pieces or a very similar version and have had most for several years.
That's the fantastic thing about investing in the classics, yoru return is years of wear and countless outfits.

Tip: I purchased every single one of these items on sale.  Is there any other way to shop?!!

Here are some of my favorites ...

JACKETS

You can still hold on to your lighter tops, that's where the jackets come in for layering.
I believe in classic jackets so that you can have many years of wear.


Trench
Iconic! I've had my trench coat since before I got married and still love it.  It has a removable lining for all season weather.  AND I was able to find one in petite sizing.  An ill fitting coat is sloppy.


Denim
Cool, comfortable and casual.  I love pairing my denim jacket with dresses.


Field

This jacket is not just stylish, it's utilitarian with all it's pockets and waterproof fabric.


Quilted
A quilted jacket is so ladylike while still being casual.


Moto
This edgy trend is here to stay!  I love the shorter length.  I also like pairing this jacket with dresses.

JEANS

Just like jackets, I wear my jeans for years and years. Finding jeans that fit just right is a challenge, but when you find a brand/cut that works for you, my advise is to stick with it! 


Skinny
I've had these for a few years and can not sing their praises enough.  They're a dark wash but not too solid, perfect higher rise and stretch and just so nice with no distressing for those occasions where you need to look a little sharper (casual Friday at the office, socials or with your Mamma b/c she doesn't understand pants with intentional holes)


Demi-boot Crop
I got my first pair of this cut nearly 4 years ago and I was tickled when I saw this pair a couple weeks ago in store.  The wash is such a pretty dark blue with just the right amount of fading.  I also love button flies and these are in rose gold/copper.  The rise is super comfortable and the hem is a discrete cutoff.  I like that the length will show off any shoe I'm wearing. I've worn them 3 times this week!


Distressed
As ladylike and polished as my style is, I really love a distressed jean when I'm casual.  One extreme to the other.  But gracious they're soft, relaxed and just so comfortable. And I feel cooler!
These are in a higher rise and lighter wash (the term 'mom jean' is trending but I'm not a fan ... My Mamma would never wear these haha) I scored these on super sale!


Black
Black jeans are tricky because they're fantastic the first few wears but when you go to wash them they're all faded and gray.  These aren't a pitch black color but look as though they're been washed once so I'm pretty sure they'll just gradually fade nicely. The button fly is a fav of mine and I loved the raw uneven helm.  Again they're great for showing off shoes and for us petite statured gals. 


Straight

This cut is just right! Not skinny but not flared. They're also just the right amount of relaxed fit for being comfortable but not baggy. The trick with straight leg jeans is the hem length.  I believe it should be right at the ankle.  Too long and they bunch at your feet.
Tip:  Before hemming your jeans wear and wash them to work out any stretch and shrinking.

I hope you're enjoying this beautiful season!


Go outside and play!


Or find time to relax with a good book under the sun

Dress Beautifully in Classic Jackets & Jeans

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: