Dec 13, 2019

Advent

Happy Friday! This is a particularly jolly Friday as I am out of town spreading lots of Christmas cheers with 2 of my gal pals from college.  It's a tradition we started a couple years ago to get together and have a nice dinner out and just spend some time at the end of the year laughing together.
I'm so proud that despite how busy this time of year is for us we stop and take the time for our friendship. My favorite thing about us is that we encourage each other.

Surrounded by My (very tall) Cheerleaders

#ootn

I know we are nearly half way through the advent season and I wish I had shared this earlier but the importance remains regardless.


Advent season is the time leading up to Christmas where the arrival of Jesus is celebrated and honored.  It consists of 4 Sundays each of which our church shares a reading and lights one of the candles on the wreath.

I believe it is most important for us to stop and remember the real reason for the Christmas season.  Praise to God for sending his Son to save!

There are lots of resources to help you and your family celebrate this time. Calendars, books, activities and traditions can help us grow and remember this blessed time.

Calendars


One of my favorite bloggers shared this amazing post including lots of calendars, gifts, and activities!
I've taken advantage of several of these items.

I think it will be so fun to teach Vivian through a fun calendar about the arrival of Jesus.

Books


Since having Vivian, I read a lot of children's books. And you know what? I find them not only refreshing but the simplicity of them really shines a light on the truth.
I love this storybook bible for sharing the gospel in an easy way.  It's not my means of study but gracious I find real encouragement in the clarity of the content.


Here are more resources for you to add for this advent season.


Opening presents is so much fun but opening your hears to Jesus is the greatest gift you'll ever receive!

Dress Beautifully this Advent Season

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: