Dec 11, 2019

Iced Velvet


'Look but do not touch' My Mamma used to say that to us kids all the time whenever we were out shopping or at someone's home. I can't tell you just how many times I've told Vivian not to touch something in our home this week alone! It's hard not to reach out and feel shiny and soft things.

Prime example, I immediately had to feel this velvet blazer when I saw it hanging there in all it's soft glory. Velvet is such a luxurious fabric!  I always think about those green velvet drapes Scarlett had turned into a gown in the movie 'Gone with the Wind' (it's my favorite of all time!). It's thick, warm, plush and has a subtle luster to it that's so rich.  I'd love to have a velvet couch one day.  But until then I'll stick to garments in my closet.

A velvet blazer is sharp and serves as a functional layer in keeping you warm this season.
I adore the long sleek cut of this blazer and especially in lighter colors.  Pastels in the winter create an 'iced' look that lightens in a typically darker time of year.

For the office it pairs beautifully over dresses, skirts and trousers but I love transitioning it in a more casual look with jeans.  You could even swap the blouse for a basic t-shirt and add flats.  The structure creates a pretty shape and will having you looking put together.









Dress Beautifully in a Velvet Blazer

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: