Aug 17, 2020

Share a Smile

Sometimes the best gift you can offer is a smile! We all have ups and downs in this life and something as simple as a smile can really brighten someone's day.


We can easily forget to look outside and see the needs of others.  We get caught up in our own journey that we can miss opportunities to serve another.  Personally, I'm a very private person and keep my needs and hardships to myself (I'm working on that but when I do share it won't be on the internet but in confidence to close family & friends).

There doesn't need to be a life event to bless one another.

Tip: Choose a day/time every week to bless others. I find that if it's scheduled in my planner it doesn't  get overlooked.

Here are some ways we can reach out and share a smile to our family, friends and neighbors:


~ Bake Something - you gals know I avoid the kitchen at all cost, but I do keep box mixes (my favs are from Trader Joe's) in my cabinet. I do have enough skills to mix up a few things in a bowl and pop them in the oven, but the buck stops there. You probably have a family recipe or dish you make really well that you can treat someone too.
Muffins and loaf breads are great because they can be healthy and can also be divided into bags to share with neighbors.


~ Send a Note - Snail mail is one of my most favorite ways to communicate.  While it may not be the most instant form, it's such a treat!  The art of a handwritten note is one that can be cherish.  I've saved all the sweet notes from Ryan and those that are special to me in a keepsake box.
You can also include a picture or scripture card.


~ Spend time with someone else's kids - it seems as though now more than ever having our children at home without the normal outlets of school and recreational activities can be tiresome on parents. We love them more than anything in this world but gracious that doesn't mean we wouldn't appreciate a break every now and then. Offering to care for someone else's children not only blesses the parents with opportunities but can be fun for your children and yourself.
And I bet they'll offer the same back to you!


~ Gift Cards - Time and money is something there never seems to be enough of.  Sending a gift card for dinner, groceries or to somewhere like Amazon or Target can provide provision for someone in a great way.


~ Housework Help - we all have closets in disarray, projects to tackle or chores that have piled up in our homes.  Assisting someone in their home really makes a positive impact to their life.  We are juggling so many tasks within our walls this year that we've never had to make space for.
Today I went to my sisters to help her organize my nieces's room.  It was actually a lot of fun.
Chores don't seem like work when you're doing it together :)



Jesus cares about our spiritual and physical needs.  Let's do the same and love our neighbors!

Dress Beautifully Serving Others with a Smile

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: