Aug 7, 2020

Friday Favorites: Dress Like a Duchess

 When it comes to styles to emulate, Princess Kate is at the top of my list.  She wears classic, feminine pieces that still have modern elements making them relatable to the common gal. 

And if you ever start to think she's 'out of your league', remember we're ALL human and put our pants on one leg at time. 

Sidenote: Sarah means 'Princess' so I was born with a love of all things fancy!

I saw this dress (sold out as soon as she wore it) several weeks ago and when pictures of Kate wearing it came out, I was tickled pink with validation that our selections had crossed paths.  Now, she's much taller than I am and has a royal beauty team so we look very different in this dress but I still feel as pretty as a princess.

Though our American lifestyle has engagements that are more backyard than royal (gracious do I love admiring her gowns) we can still incorporate pretty dresses into our wardrobes that make us feel and look as pretty as a princess.  Adding casual pieces to a pretty dress is the key to creating a comfortable ensemble that's practical. 

For example ....

 I've added a Moto jacket and booties

And denim and sneakers

And when offices and churches open back up, a blazer and pumps would be a timeless touch!

Here are some dresses that I believe are perfectly fitting for a Princess ....

Eyelet Floral Midi

Tie Neck Tweed

Pleated Midi

4 additional colors

Pink Ruffled Midi

Puff Sleeve Daisy

Garden Midi

Blue Floral

Green



super splurge but so so pretty! A more reasonable option here

Dress Beautifully Like a Duchess

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: