Sep 14, 2020

A Little Help From My Friends

 Gals, we can't do it alone. If you've tried you know you can't. We are strong, smart women who will push through to the end, but still we need help.

Everyone has different needs, challenges and responsibilities. Gracious I beg you, don't let comparison steal your joy!

Instead, let's embrace our friends and their lending hands.  And when I say friends I mean that literally and figuratively.

Here are 5 'friends' that get me by each day ....

1. Jesus - Wake, Pray and Slay (that devil is after you the moment you open your eyes). And we don't need  him holding us back from all the we have to accomplish throughout our day.

Of all the things you do, being in His Word is the most important. It is an outfit of armor and grace. 

2. Coffee - then there's this. Getting Piping. Hot. Black. Coffee. in me is also important. And there's no better way to do it than alone in silence, so I'm up before the chickens to enjoy my sips. This coffee mug was a gift and it blesses me! It keeps that magic bean water hot no matter how many times I walk away from it. It's crucial for the afternoon cup amongst the busyness.  

Please excuse all of Vivian's smudges

3. Balls - Since the gym closed it's doors, at home equipment has become essential. I used these at the gym but now their role is crucial in modifying exercises to keep them challenging and fresh.  I incorporate basic moves while on the Bosu ball upside down or leaning over the exercise ball. Challenging yourself is fun and will make you stronger. I also use medicine balls for various exercises.

4. Wireless headphones - I can't not live without these! I wear them while I exercise each day listening to music. They also allow me to stay connected with my friends with phone calls.  I can chit chat and complete tasks at the same time. While face to face time has it's challenges, it's important to have verbal conversations so that you can experience laughs and encourage one another. FaceTime is even better!

5. Agenda - I know it may seem a little old school but gracious I make a list for everything and there's just something about physically writing something down that keeps me organized.  I love the hands on element.  It also helps me remember things and give me satisfaction when I can cross something off the list. I've been using this agenda for several years but I also think this one is amazing!

Each Day is a Gift, and thank goodness for helping hands that make it just a bit more joyful!

Dress Beautifully Throughout the Day

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: