Sep 9, 2020

A Little Bootie


Down here in the South just because Labor Day has come and gone Summer's warm weather sticks around.  While some say you should kick those Summer ensembles out of your closet and into storage, I believe in hanging on a smidge longer. There's still plenty of wear left at least for the month of September and with a little styling you can find a middle ground before it's full on Fall fashion season.

 One of my favorite ways of transitioning my outfits from Summer to Fall is with a little bootie.
Pairing mini length dresses with a bootie marries elements of both seasons that's just right! It's a perfect balance of staying cool while dipping your toes into the cooler season.

It's also a very modern and comfortable look. It's a versatile outfit appropriate for dressy occasions like a dinner or night out while still easy enough for lunch with the gals. 

Y'all know I rarely wear black but with a design as cute as this one I'll embrace the darker side of dressing.  The ruffles around the neck and shoulders create such a pretty emphasis on the upper body towards your face, which is best in my opinion.  I love the smocked waist for shape and tiered fun skirt.  

This mini dress is #1 in my book as it's length isn't super short.  I'm only 5'2" if my hair is super big and the nurse doesn't smash it when she measures my height. Even being petite I'm often frustrated at how short dresses are these days. It's not ladylike for the hem to be shorter than your finger tips! #truth

Now, when it really gets chilly a denim or leather Moto jacket will layer beautifully.  You can also add more to your shoe and go with a knee high boot.

So, in a nut shell, booties bridge the gap from Summer to Fall styling when paired with sundresses.







DressBeautifully with a Little Bootie

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: