Sep 2, 2020

Extra Padding


Gals, 2020 should have come with a little extra padding to endure all the knock downs it has given us.

I remember thinking the shoulder pads of my Mamma's time in the 80's and 90's were horrendous and I still think that.

Confession: I once stole a set of shoulder pads out of my Mamma's dresser drawer and used them to stuff my bra! 
Your welcome for the laugh :)

But, I'm all over this toned down shoulder pad trend.  I have very narrow shoulders and I feel a like I look like I'm standing taller and more confident with a little extra volume. When you emphasize an area, such as a padded shoulder or a puff sleeve it makes other areas appear deemphasized.  In other words the waist and lower body appear smaller.  This also creates an hour glass shape. #goals

While you may be skeptical to try this trend, it's a pretty subtle one and gives a very modern vibe. Pair it with classics like trousers, a pencil skirt or jeans.

I love this cut of denim.  A high waist, slim wide leg with a raw hem and just a tad of distressing is modern and comfortable. Also if you're going to wear a light wash, a looser fit is more flattering.

I dressed this look up with a heel but a nice flat or sneaker is perfect for casual days.
Do we even have days that aren't casual any more??

I refuse to give up on dressing up! 💯











Dress Beautifully in a Shoulder Pad Top

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: