Oct 19, 2020

Focus

Happy Monday gals! Today I want to share with you some encouragement on adding 'Focus' to our lives.

This year in particular #pandemic has added challenges we never could have imagined but by golly we can choose to embrace them with grace. 

Earlier this month I helped host my church's 3rd annual Ladies Retreat.  It wasn't our typically weekend away in the NC mountains, but a day at the church of fellowship.  When I was praying and thinking on what content to share with the ladies, the word 'focus' kept surfacing.  The unusual circumstances we are all navigating this year can easily pull our focus away from where it needs to be. 

We had a wonderful lady, Becky, come and speak to us with this subject in mind ... check out her blog 

Here's what she shared with us when it comes to Focus in our lives ...

We studied Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.a
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousnessb
for his name’s sake.

4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,c
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surelyd goodness and mercye shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwellf in the house of the LORD

forever

So how can we find green meadows and still waters while living in dark valleys?

FOCUS on the person of the Shepard and on His promises for provision and protection. 

He cares for each and every one of us.
We will not want.
He give us peace and a still safe place.
He is fighting for us and chasing us down.

I also believe there is great ministry in fellowship!


These two have been by my side for nearly 25 years #bff

I've made a trip each month to fellowship with my gal pals.  There's something so refreshing about a little getaway slumber party! And a break from your responsibilities for some belly laughs is priceless!

I also welcome any and every opportunity to get gussied up!

I meet up with my MOPS group about 3 times a month, gather with my church family on Sundays and have a date with my sisters a couple times a month. I feel blessed to have champions in my life that not only bring me joy but that also challenge me. Some I don't get to commune with, like my gal pals from our military years, but I am so grateful that technology allows us to stay connected.  

This season's cooler temperatures have also made for fun family days outside.  


The world screams at us that it's about self and success.  
Let me share with you clearly gals, God did NOT create you to live for yourself, wealth and the world but for HIM!!! Love God & Love Others isn't a request but a command.

TRUTH: When we turn our focus on Him, the things of this world will grow strangely dim! 


We are prone to wonder, prone to leave the God we love. But He is our Shepard and will discipline, protect and stay near to us.

My prayer is that this post will encourage you to focus on Him in ALL your circumstances. I also hope that you find support and ministry in the fellowship of others. 

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him...

Things may not seem or feel good BUT they are for good! #amen

Dress Beautifully Focused on Him

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: