Jan 1, 2020

Happy New Year! 2020

Cheers gals! A new year and new decade of possibilities.  I'm so jazzed about new beginnings, so much so Mondays are my favorite day of the week.

We rang in 2020 with a date night courtesy of Vivian's grandparents and a 9pm kiss because we're parents and mornings come early! 

Now when it comes to New Year's resolutions/goals I'm at a place in my life where the common ones like exercise more, eat healthy, save more money and clean out your house have all been at a great place for over 10 years (I do NOT share this boastful)! With that, my years are now focused more on areas for growth.


I went back and reviewed last years goals posted here. I wanted to know Christ better, prioritize people over possessions and maintain consistency in the things I love to do.  I can honestly say I gave great attention to these the entire year and feel as though I exceeded my own expectations. It takes self discipline and endurance which are not always easy but I find through faith I am able to stay the course.
I dove deeper into His Word, invested into my relationships and fostered several new ones, and was able to maintain a rhythm in the things I enjoy (even with my toddler sidekick) like exercise, reading and writing 3 blog posts a week.

This year's goals are centered around one word, 'Give'.



I want to be less about me and more about others.  The funny thing is, the more you serve the more greatness you receive!

1. Give More Encouragement - who doesn't love receiving cheer and support?!! I find that when I'm boosting others I also am inspired.  Whether it's with my husband, family members, friends and especially social media and this blog I want to encourage others in a God inspired way!
Comparison robs you of joy and I find that's often what holds us back from lifting other up.

2. Give More of My Resources - God has blessed me beyond measure! I want give more of my blessings and time in serving others.  While that sounds so easy, I'm not ashamed to share that it is not. There is entitlement in the work done for our earnings, there is fear of loosing and we all have lists of ways to utilize our time.  But it's all God's given to us to be used for His glory.

3. Give More into Having Fun - the to-do lists can wait.  I want to soften my type-A personality a little (it's who I am and I embrace it) and compromise the schedule and deadlines to enjoy this beautiful life with fun! Vivian has taught me that fun is far more important than accomplishments. The precious memories are just that, precious.
When Vivian was just a few months old Barbara Bush passed and I cam across a quote she shared that has stayed with me


What ever your goals are for 2020 I hope that you turn to God for the strength you need to reach them. And please do not hesitate to reach out to this gal behind this blog, I'm a real person eager to give!  

PS I'm planning lots of outfit inspiration to share with you this 7th year on Dressing Beautifully! 

Gracious, I can NOT believe I started writing here 6 years ago today! 
I had NO idea what I was doing (still don't) but I was so excited (still am)! 

Dress Beautifully in All that You Do in 2020

XOXO Sarah-Louise

1 comment:

precisionalterations said...

Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the challenges. It was really informative. Your site is very useful. Many thanks for sharing!
tucson seamstress alterations