Feb 8, 2021

New Make Up


Over the past few months I've added some new products to my makeup drawer. Some of them I picked up  just shopping, some from my sister and some from someone on IG promoting. 

Sidenote: I get encouraged and questioned all the time about why I don't take this blog & my IG account bigger and be a real 'influencer'. First, I don't have a clue how! Send me help! And, I do not want to compromise my honest content to become a commercial (no offense!). But I would love explore growth without the 'sales pitch'. Again, send me help!

Make up is important to me. I'm not a natural beauty kind of gal. It makes me feel confident, pretty and put together to enhance and add color to my face. 


Even Vivian loves to primp! She got this play makeup set for Christmas and absolutely loves it.

Here's what I've added and love ...

Primer - A must have so that your products perform the way they should. I chose this one for it's illuminating properties.  In the Winter skin can be dry and dull.  A slight glow (NOT shimmer) is youthful and appears healthy & hydrated.  This product is light and truly holds my makeup together.


Bronzer & Highlighter Duo - This is a mini size, which to be honest isn't mini at all.  I often purchase mini sizes to try out a product without the investment. The bronzer isn't too dark or orange and a soft match for my fair complexion. It's buildable to achieve your level of contour.  Highlighter is one of my favorite products.  I love the glow it gives.


Setting Powder - This is a loose powder so a little extra care is required so that you don't make a dusty mess. I feel that this is a bit better at controlling shine and it doesn't add any tint than this one that I also use. 


Blush - I am an over-blusher.  I believe it's because I'm so fair that I like a contrasting colorful cheek.  I'm blessed to have a gal pal that was honest and let me know I was borderline clown looking with my intense rosy cheeks so I've backed off (thanks BR!). This blush in color Luminous Flush is subtle and light reflecting. 


Mascara - I actually threw away my eyelash curlers! This mascara lengthens and curls. No more of my lashes being plucked out by that contraption ever again!

Setting Spray - This is magic! It's like hairspray for your face. It's light and not at all sticky. But my goodness it really holds your makeup in place.  With taking a mask on and off and snuggling all over my darling I don't want my makeup rubbing off. 


Lipstick - I have to giggle a little that I'm still painting my little lips despite being hidden under a mask. Force of habit! I have such tiny pale lips that I insist on coloring them boldly. I like traditional lipsticks for the saturated color. Lipglosses can be sticky and don't last very long so I stick with just layering them on top. Stains can be very dry so when I find a long wearing lipstick thats soft and hydrating I get very excited. This one has a slight luster to it and very smooth. I chose color 452 Emilienne.

Here are the other products I use.  You can read more about makeup I use on This Post This Post & This Post.

A tray full of beauty!








Dress Beautifully in Pretty Makeup

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: