Sep 27, 2019

But First Makeup

TGIF! Gals, I hope you've had a great first week of Fall, even if you're like me and having to pretend there's a chill in the air. More like desperately wishing since it's been in the 90's!

I haven't shared a beauty post in a while so I thought I'd let you in on what I'm wearing on my face these days.  I'm a creature of habit for the most part but I occasionally change it up / add something new.  Most of the time it's because the product I've been using for 10+ years is discontinued #bitter.  There's been a few and I'm still not over it!

I do wear makeup 99.9% of the time.  It's become much softer now that I'm older and out of the office. But I'm not comfortable in my own skin without it and I'm perfectly ok with that.
I know pretty is as pretty does! #amen
BUT I feel more confident and happier with a little color so I wear it.


I'm going to share these in order of how I apply them ...

Under Eye Concealer - I don't battle dark circles but being as fair skinned as I am I need to conceal.  This stuff is AMAZING!  Lightly pat a tee tiny amount and it stays put all day.

Foundation - I've been using this one for a couple of years now and love the even coverage.  I have quite a bid of redness to my face and it does a great job of giving my skin an all over tone.  Now, the brush you use is just as important as the product.  I use this one for a soft smooth finish.
Also the pump top (annoying you have to buy separate) is well worth it. This bottle lasts me almost a full year with daily usage!

Finishing Powder -  this one is a bargain and creates a matte finish setting the concealer and foundation.

Bronzer - Blush - Highlighter Palette -  I bought this one I believe in the Spring on a Sephora sale and have been quite happy with it. The bronzer isn't too brown for my fair face and I love the coral tones of the blushes. The highlighter adds just the right amount of glow :)

Eyelid Primer - I've been using this for over 10 years and it really does a great job of holding the eyeshadow in place and making the colors richer.  I also think it makes you use less shadow.

Eyeshadow - My go-to is Urban Decay's Naked 3, the pinks are perfect to compliment my green eyes. But like most big palettes I use several select colors on the regular while the other half are rarely/never used.  I added this smaller palette of purples, again great compliment to green eyes this year and actually use all the colors depending on the occasion. It comes in many other color families.

Eyebrow Powder - Having red hair means that my eyelashes and brows are very light so I need to add color and thickness.  I've been using this cake powder for several years now and am clearly very happy with it. I use a flat brush to apply it.

Eyeliner - This one is new and for nearly 2 weeks I've been happy with it. I wore black liquid liner until this year and am happier using lighter shades and pencils for a softer look.  This one is in a dark purple (black violet) which again compliments green eyes.

Mascara - This one is new too.  I've been using it for about a month and very happy.  I've been struggling with mascaras because mine was discontinued UGH after trying 3 others this one is my favorite and I plan on sticking with it.

Lipstick - This one is new this year too.  It's more of a pink- nude color (bloom) and in a matte finish. I like bright red lips, but again am moving more towards a softer look. It stays so long and doesn't dry at all.  This will be a forever lipstick!
Bonus:  It doesn't come off on Vivian when I cover her in kisses 😘

With soooo many product lines and options out there make up can be OVERWHELMING.  Use what you like and keep the amount of products simple.  You don't need 7 eyeshadow palettes!

FYI: one of the MANY things motherhood has taught me is how to do my makeup in 5 min flat!

May we all wear happy smiles like Vivian's with her play doh!

I hope you have a wonderful first weekend of Fall!

Dress Your Face Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise


No comments: