Sep 22, 2021

Jewel Tones

 

I can feel Fall coming! Leaves are starting to change color and sprinkle the sidewalks. The temperatures are still warm but gracious I'll take any cool down. 

Fall brings a warmer, more saturated color palette; and a whole lot of neutrals like camel, rust, and browns. I love neutrals for their soft classic appeal but colors bring joy and brightness. 
When it comes to the cooler months I like jewel tones like those found in peacocks.

Sidenote: We used peacock feathers in the decor of our wedding.

Jewel tones are just what you'd think, deep shades of blue like sapphires, green like emeralds, purple like amethyst, gold like citrine and red like rubies. They're bold, rich and pair beautifully with each other and neutrals.


It's the colors that drew me to this skirt. I really debated how I was going to style it for this post, a challenge I often face because I like to have pieces that are versatile and picking just one pairing to showcase is tough.  
Since the weather is still warm and there are so many weddings and events this time year I went with a dressy option in this silk vibrant teal blouse. My other options were a crisp white shirt (my go-to fav)  fitting black long sleep knit top, a lavender puff short sleeve top or a neutral sweater (cream or tan). 

Whether you go with one of the above options or something different like a simple t-shirt, denim jacket or even a bit chic with a suede Moto jacket, the important thing is to style with what YOU like!

The same goes for shoes: booties, heels, sandals or sneakers.

This skirt is going to go many places in many different ways this season!


This skirt is so light weight! Making it comfortable and easy to wear.



And it has Pockets :)


Try pulling one of the colors from the skirt for a top: 
golden yellow
light blue
teal or green 
lavender, purple or pink




Dress Beautifully in Jewel Tones

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: