Sep 8, 2021

Miss Americana

 

Gals, I love America. I'm proud to live in this country and of the principles of freedom it was founded on.

So much that our family contributed to protecting them. Several years ago Ryan served in the US Navy as a medical officer following the completion of school.  He even deployed to the Middle East for nearly a year with a Marine infantry battalion as their Battalion Surgeon. Gracious that was a hard time!

So naturally it makes me happy to see Americana style trending.  Think of it as a style that celebrates America's heritage & culture. It incorporates casual elements like denim, our flag colors, and antique patterns like those found in quilting.

Quilting is an art.  I have a friend who's mother is an amazing quilter and made Vivian the most exquisite one as a gift before she was born.  I have it hanging on display in her room. It is an art to piece the fabric shapes together with various patterns of stitching. It fascinates me!

This skirt really exemplifies Americana style with the quilting and gingham print. Now, no gal wants to go around looking like Martha Washington so the key is to pair it with modern pieces, like this acid wash ruffled chambray top and heeled booties. Knotting your shirt gives a chic look and adds shape.
I added a hint of color and shine with my jewelry. 





I haven't been including my purses in my outfit posts but I'm going to try a bit more.  This one I received for Christmas last year and I carry it daily! It's the perfect size for carrying everything I need. It's comfortable as a crossbody (handsfree is essential when wrangling a toddler on errands) and the color is rich and neutral complimenting any outfit casual or dressy. It comes in several colors and style variations.
 





Dress Beautifully in Americana Style

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: