Sep 20, 2021

Vivian's Big Girl Room

 


My darling Vivian is closer to turning 4 than I'd like to admit (12/28).  During this year I'd often be asked about her interests and milestones now that she's 3.  One of the most common was, 'when are you planning to transition her out of the crib and into a big girl bed?'.  My response was always something like 'uh when's she's 5!' Vivian never ever tried to climb out and absolutely adored sleeping in her crib.

Over the Summer she had a few sleepovers at her cousin's, who's only 9 weeks younger, and got to have a slumber party in her big girl bed.  She also noticed at play dates that her other friends have big girl beds. So it happened. She asked for one of her own. 

I took her on a girls weekend to the beach just her and I and my college friends and while there decided she didn't want to sleep in her travel bed but in the big guest bed. I felt the tears come up. Sigh. I let her and she LOVED it! I knew then we couldn't wait until her birthday like I had hoped.

Last Night in Her Crib

The funny thing is, once her new bed & mattresses arrived and we got her bed all set up, she refused to sleep in it and insisted that she always sleep in her crib. BLESS! After a week we took the crib down and she's been happily napping and slumbering each night in her princess bed.

BEFORE




AFTER

This dresser is so very very special! It was part of my Mamma's bedroom suit as a young girl that was passed down to me growing up, then my youngest sister and now Vivian. I am over the moon to have these heirlooms. It served as a changing table these past 3 1/2 years and now it's her place to put on her jewelry and display pretty things. All I did was add the mirror & a fresh coat of paint to it.

I wanted her new bed to be white to compliment the heirloom furniture and because there is so much color already in her lavender walls and rug. I chose a tall four poster bed because I like how grand & traditional they are. I also think they make the room seem taller.  We have one in our master bedroom and I feel like a princess in it.

I chose simple white bedding with pink trim. Personally, I'm a big fan of duvets so that I can easily swap out the covers for aesthetic and cleaning purposes. 

I took down her framed heirloom dresses from the wall and other 'baby' decor #tear. Babies do not keep!

This rocking chair is so special as I've spent time in it praying over her, singing, reading and just loving on her since I was pregnant. With each new season I pray I spend it intentionally so that I don't look back with longing and look forward with excitement.

Four Poster Bed | Bedding

Dress Your Rooms Beautifully in All Seasons

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: