Sep 13, 2021

Woman on Mission


Mission: Dress Beautifully in All Things

An organization or business often has a 'mission' to describe their core purpose.  While I'm not an institution I am a woman on mission. I have goals and intent not just for my life but for this blog and my spaces on social media. 

Dressing Beautifully starts on the inside in your heart by filling it with the most beautiful thing there is, God's love. It is then that it will shine through on the outside.

For me, this blog started and continues to be a creative outlet.  Dressing myself has helped me conquer so many challenges. I not only feel like the valuable person God made me to be but I also am able to share that value with others. 


Now, this fashion blog has taken twists and turns, particularly when I became a Mamma.  For the first 4 years I primarily shared work wear and how to transition those pieces to the weekend as I spent most of my time in a professional office setting. While I still believe in classic dressing I've added posts on motherhood, beauty, personal life perspectives and home design. Fashion will always be my main focus (one thing's for sure, you'll never see food #iykyk) but I like to sprinkle in other ways I dress my life beautifully.


Which brings me to this, I'm a real person, Sarah-Louise.  I'm not a brand or market here to sell you things you don't need. But a child of God, wife to Ryan, mamma to Vivian Louise, daughter to the most remarkable mother, sister to 3, Sunday school teacher to teenage girls and gal pal to some of the finest friends. And I just so happen to love fashion!

My mission for this blog & my social media can be defined by these three objectives:

ENCOURAGE


I want to share God's love and His impacts in my life through the words I type, the pictures I post and messages I exchange. He has given me everything I have and I want to use it to bring joy to my world and the world of others. That explains all the pictures of our darling Vivian and her precious smile you'll see. This may not get me the most likes, comments, shares, readers or make me any money but it's honest.
A purchase or red heart can't do what He or relationships can. I want to have real (even if virtual) relationships with my readers over a quantified following.

INSPIRE


I love styling pretty outfits. Dressing beautifully not only helps me value and be grateful for the body God gave me but gives me the confidence to bless others.  I hold my head high with a smile, self assured in that He has a purpose and plan for me so when others cross my path I'm ready to fulfill that. 
I hope that the creative way I put pieces together helps inspire others to do the same.

LOVE


The Bible says to do all things in Love. That means from the mundane to the big tasks we are to do everything out of love with grateful and joyful hearts. That can be challenging as we often compare, compete and have human (often selfish) feelings. I want to strive to make my online outlets a place of generosity.

I'm not reaching for popularity (which can be hard) but to simply give where I am. I'm sure I'll make many missteps along the way but I thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for every one of you that read and continue to bless me through this virtual space!


Even this morning I received a message, Hi Tiffany!, from one of my readers that I was privileged to actually meet when she stopped me in the mall one day (so grateful she did). She told me that what I posted made her smile during a tough day (it was actually Vivian's sweetness that deserves the credit). THIS is why I continue to write & share!

This mission isn't new. I wanted to share it as a reminder to you and myself.

Dress Beautifully as a Woman on Mission

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: