Apr 4, 2022

New to You

 New or new to you? Would anyone ever know? Would it even matter?

A good portion of my closet is resale items purchased online or from consignment shops. And that's not all.  A great deal of my home decor I have found at antique and thrift shops. It's not just economical. It's sustainable and in my experience, provides uniqueness over shopping the same racks everyone else is. Not to mention, if you have ever missed out on a piece from a past season, shopping resale gives you a second chance to find it and most likely at a deep discount.

Years ago, resale shopping was primarily in consignment stores. But with sites like eBay and Poshmark your can literally shop the closets of others right from home any time. 

It's not just for designer or high end items. Although it's a fabulous opportunity to own high end brands at a pretty price! I search and shop everyday brands just as much. 
Note: It's great for kids too - especially for dressy clothes they wear a select time or two.

Some of my resale purchases

I've actually sold several pieces just in the past month after organizing my closet when switching seasons. I found it just as fun as a seller providing outfits to other gals as I did being the buyer :)

Here are my tips and tricks for shopping resale ...

My Favorite Resale Sites


I use the first 3 the most but know of gals that love the others.


How I search:
1. By Brand - Anthropologie, J Crew, Sea, Ulla Johnson, Mother Denim, etc ....
2. Item Type - maxi skirt, midi dress, sleeveless top, sandal etc ...
3. Filters - size, sleeveless, price, color, floral etc ...


Purchasing/Selling
1. Negotiate respectfully - it's fair to submit & consider offers but within reason
2. Pay & Ship promptly
3. Write reviews 


Consider
1. Know your size with specific brands and ask for measurements - sales are typically final
2. Shopping consignment stores. This supports local small businesses - I love Charlotte's J.T. Posh & Divine Consign. Follow them on social media as they often post merchandise!
3. As you sell your own pieces, let it inspire you to shop more intentionally (I mostly sell things I probably shouldn't have purchased and/or wore for an occasion) and set a goal on how to spend your earnings wisely.


New to you, looks just as good as new!

Dress Beautifully in New to You Pieces

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: