Jul 25, 2022

Home Sweet Home - 3 Ways to Prepare for Your Return Home From Vacation


There's no place like home! After being away every single weekend since the start of Summer this is holding very true for me. This is the second Summer that we've chosen to go, do and experience as much as we can and while these trips are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys it does make from some extra work on the front end.

When we think of preparing for vacation, packing our bags with all the essentials and cute outfits of course :) is first and foremost. For me, I begin preparing our home for our return before I pack my bags.
I do this so that saying goodbye to a destination is then met with a fresh welcoming of home. 

Here are 3 things I do to prepare for the return home from vacation ...

1. Laundered Linens  


2-3 day prior to departure I make sure all clothing loads of laundry are complete.
1-2 days prior, I wash sheets and towels.
Not only does it prevent overload when your return, but there's nothing like coming home to fresh clean sheets and towels after sleeping in a strange place.
This also ensures that all options are clean and available for packing!

2. Prepared Healthy Meal or 2

That copper vent hood!

While eating what you have in the fridge so that nothing sits and spoils while you're gone is a good practice, I like to make sure I have at least 2 healthy options for  quick meals when I return.
There are always indulgences while traveling (ice cream at the beach is my favorite!) so it's nice to come home to something light and healthy. Since fresh fruits and veggies most likely won't keep here are some options: frozen veggies/healthy meal you can pop in the oven, have a neighbor set out some frozen meat for you or pop in quickly to the grocery store on your way home and grab a bag of salad, veggies, meat etc .. just to get you by and avoid eating out one more time!

3. Shined Surfaces & Floors


Cleaning floors is one of my least favorite chores so we do have hired help that actually scrubs them every 3 weeks. 2 days before departure I give my surfaces an extra thorough wipe down & dusting. Then I vacuum every square foot. In order to do this ALL things must be picked up and tidied so you're ensured to return to a spic & span space.

These 3 areas of tasks not only are essential for maintaining a clean home 
but truly set you up for a prepared departure and peaceful return!

Dress Your Home Beautifully for Your Return from Vacation

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: