Apr 17, 2023

Birthday Wish List

Gals, I'm just 1 week away from turning 40!!!! 

My 39th birthday in Lake Tahoe on a Gondola

While we were driving back home from our trip Saturday, Ryan asked me what I wanted him to gift me. 

Note: He didn't wait until now to ask, he's been asking for months.

Gift giving is not my strong suit, in fact Ryan and I recently took the 'Love Language Quiz' and neither of us had one answer that correlated to gifts! (I'm quality time & acts of service all the way ... with words of affirmation close by).

Gifting is something we all face, all year round. I find the most challenging recipients are ladies - particularly in my age bracket. We are at a place where there are fewer 'needs' and an abundance of consumption all on our own. 


When I do gift, it is imperative that it be thoughtful, fitting for the recipient & giver, and beautiful. 

Tips: 
1. Consider the recipient's hobbies, interest, style and season
2. Value is more important than cost (I treasure vintage/thrift items & never put yourself in financial distress)
3.  Always include a heartfelt note!

Here are some items I'd put on my wish list that I believe make beautiful gifts for you gal pals .... 


I've wanted one of these Chica prints for years!
Art/Prints add beauty to the home and a reminder of the giver.


This one is fun and comes in 15 colors
A fun accessory for nights out and special occasions 


I personally think pearls are the prettiest
baroque style is a unique statement


I have quite the collection of keepsakes from memorable moments and trips.
These are great to hold special notes and trinkets as well as beautiful decor.
I have both a white seashell box & a colorful one
This city coffee table book is great too!


This ESV bible has a painted cover and is a journaling style.
The Word is by far the greatest gift.




These are great to layer on a necklace or bracelet.
They can mark an occasion or attribute.


A beautiful living thing to care for and watch grow adds beauty to a home and remembrance.


print a picture from a memorable moment so that it can be seen and remembered


I told Ryan while we were dating that I wanted a classic black quilted Chanel handbag for my 40th ...
that seemed so FAR away and here we are! 

Gifting the ones dear to you should come from the heart and when it's hard to find just the 'right' thing, a hand written note or time together sharing how much you care is perfect!

Dress Beautifully Gifting Your Gal Pals

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: