Apr 3, 2023

Thrifting for Treasures

Last Tuesday I visited my most favorite thrift shop. It's such a treat each and every time I go to see the smiles of all the staff and marvel at all the surprises I find. For 15 years I've been collecting unique things from thrift shops. I have an affinity for old things, things with a story and things that are just pretty.

This purse is one of the most fabulous treasures I've ever found! A straw handbag covered with colorful fruit. It's vintage and has the perfect charm to carry this Summer. Vivian loves it too! This gem was a mere $5.

I also brought home this side table & lamp. While it is pretty in our entryway, it will fit nicer upstairs in the hallway/landing. I love small tables! They fill a room adding surface for lighting and decor. I prefer tables for showcasing photos and sentimental items. The table was $16.

Note: I can rarely find/bring home furniture as I drive a car but gracious the things I'd furnish our home with if I had the cargo space!!

For the crystal lamp, I will replace the shade and add a fun finial.  The lamp was $8.

This needlepoint horse pillow cover is for Vivian. She absolutely loves horses and the impeccable detail in this handmade pillow is perfection. I simply ordered an insert online and voila! 

She sleeps with it on her bed each night! The pillow cover was $5


I brought home several sets of linen napkins, placemats, a table cloth and some glassware that were lovely for a little lemonade party Vivian hosted for her gal pals after school last week.

My Favorite things to thrift:
China
Silver
Decor
Frames
Handbags
Table linens
Drapes
Holiday

I find that in these shops are unique, handmade and quality items that just aren't available in this modern time. I love the nostalgia and story old items hold. Even my engagement ring is old, 100+ years old!!

I encourage you to add some vintage and preloved treasures to your home. 

Dress Beautifully Thrifting for Treasures

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: