Apr 14, 2023

Friday Favorites: Shorts that Flatter

TGIF! We've been on Spring Break this week visiting Vivian's Granny & Papa while Ryan takes a work assignment nearby on the coast. Gals, it's been a dream! I've slept longer, relaxed and enjoyed restful hobbies like puzzles and reading. I'm most grateful for the break from cooking, cleaning and the every day hustle. 


My shorts - I have 3 pairs in various washes
Note: I went up a size in these and should have stayed with my normal size 
as the waist and hips are too roomy

Spring break kicks off a season for all things warm, fun and outdoors. With that comes clothing that is cool and practical. Shorts are a key element to that. Prior to motherhood I didn't have to confront my disdain for shorts very often but in this season of outdoor play I find that I wear them the most UGH

Confession: my legs are my least liked when it comes to my physical appearance. I work on gratitude and appreciation for them daily. 

As with my approach with all fashion, I look for design elements that flatter my figure.

Here are the 5 things I look for in shorts:

1. 4-4.5" inseam - this length is just right ... any shorter or longer is a bit unflattering for me
2. Wide leg opening - extra room in the leg creates a slimming look and is more comfortable 
3. High Rise - 8-9" rise ... any higher or shorter is a bit unflattering for me
4. Thick Fabric - a dense fabric holds it's shape creating a structured silhouette 
5. Skimming Shape - I often go up 1 size for a fit that just touches

I find these shorts to be flattering for all ...


These are my FAVORITE!
I have multiple pairs in a variety of washes and wear them the most!


I found these this week and ordered a pair - available in 7 washes
I love the flare leg! So flattering! 




I have the flax & pink colors in my cart (also in white & black)
I love how dressy they are - can be styled for a night out with a heel


5 vibrant colors - I have a pair of these


5 colors - I ordered a pair of these


also in solid pink, tan & light blue

Dress Beautifully in Shorts

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: