Sep 5, 2023

Big Girl Room


At the beginning of summer as Vivian officially had completed her years as a preschooler, she asked me if now she could have a desk in her room for kindergarten. You see, she has a desk waiting for her that belonged to my Mamma growing up and through her adult years that was passed down to me growing up and through my adult years.  I knew the time would come but all I could think about was the chair.


Ryan & I picked out this chair together when I was expecting. I remember visiting it in the furniture store imagining it in her nursery. Once it arrived I would rock in it, praying for her, singing to her and talking to her about all the dreams I had about being her Mamma. I brought her home to this chair and continued to care for and love her in this chair. 
For nearly six years I've held her next to me sharing countless moments with her.
The chair was going across the hall into our newly decorated guest room where it would compliment beautifully. Vivian said to me "don't worry Mamma we can still rock and read books, we just go into that room". Bless her heart!


It was time for her to inherit this desk. An heirloom piece passed from generation to generation.
I gave it a fresh coat of paint and let her pick out the fabric and help me reupholster the chair seat.


The desk is a part of a set that includes two dressers. I love that we are connected in so many ways to each other and to my Mamma. I'm clearly very sentimental!


Vivian also received a night stand & clock to help her know when it's time to get up for school each morning. 
We only use the color feature but it does have a noise alarm and sound machine options.


As I stand and look at her big girl room I can't help but be so proud of the big girl she is.

I pray this room is a space for her to grow in love!

Dress Your Rooms Beautifully with Heirlooms

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: