Sep 12, 2023

Crawdad Room

I strive for our home to tell the story of us, the people who live here. Our guest room hasn't reflected us since we moved in 5 years ago.
This year I really wanted to give it attention and design so that it could be a welcoming and pretty space for our loved ones.


My inspiration for this room came from my collection of coastal treasures, Kiawah Island where Ryan & I vacation each year and the book 'Where the Crawdads Sing' (which is where the name from this room came from). 


This pelican piece of art is a focal point & makes a bold statement!
I love birds and this one sparked joy for me.
I've been wanting to incorporate yellow in our home and these elements add just the right touch.


This half of the room has the chair that holds nearly 6 years of memories from Vivian's room.
This new home across the hall houses it beautifully. 
My hope is that our guests can curl up in it and relax the same way my darling & I did.

The secretary belonged to Ryan's Grandpa. He purchased it in Japan while serving as a Marine in the US Military. I remember him sitting at it paying bills when we were just dating. 
The lamp and mirrored tray I found in a vintage shop.


I have jars of seashells throughout the room that I've collected over the years.
Nature reminds me of God's majesty, His creations and His vast love!


I find caned furniture to be beautiful. It really gives the room a natural & coastal feel.
I chose pale yellow coverings on the bedside tables to complement the rug.


This shelf belonged to my late Grandmother.


The plate represents our late cat, Scragley. 
The heron figurine was a gift from my Grandma to my Mamma and recently to me.
A lot of the shells were a gift from my Mamma and the glass jar houses my collection of sharks' teeth.

BEFORE


AFTER



Dress Your Guest Room Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: