Jan 29, 2015

Everyday Face

I get asked A LOT what kind of make-up I wear.
I find that over the pass year I've been more open to trying new products but there are always those that will remain my 'go-to' for an everyday face.

I do try and choose make-up that is face 'friendly' meaning free of icky chemicals. I have very fair and sensitive skin that is prone to blemishes ugh! I also combat redness in my face, primarily in the T-Zone area.

What's on your everyday face??


Foundation: it CC Cream - I use this brush to apply.  I love that it has sunscreen! 

Bronzer:  I love Bare Essential products for their natural ingredients & this bronzer add the perfect sun kissed glow. 

Blush: I jumped on this shade because it seemed every gal pal I have was using it. Now I know why!

Highlighter:  I apply with a fan brush in a c-shape from the underneath eyes/top of cheeks around on temples to right above mid-eyebrow and above my top lip in the center bow.

Eye Primer:  I've been using this one for probably 10 years!  It holds the shadow in place and saturates the shades.

Eyeshadow:  I have green eyes so I like the pinks & purples to make them pop.  This palette was in my stocking last Christmas over a year ago and it looks like it may be around for another! 

Eyebrow Filler:  It's super hard to find brow filler in a red shade & my brows are super light (red head problem) filling them in adds major definition! This one is super affordable & lasts forever.

Note: I curl my lashes prior to liner and mascara

Eye Liner:  I used liquid black from 19-30 years old! I loved the dark definition. I still use it but I've opted for a more softer line for day wear.  Again I leaned on my gal pals for recommendations and several use these jars of gel liner applied with this brush.  Hesitant to invest tons of money, my sis recommended this drugstore jar.  I compromised and splurged on the brush, as I feel brushes are key to application. 

Mascara:  I used this in my mid-twenties (back when it was $18, my have times changed!) and then switch to Bare Minerals and have been super happy with it the past 5 years.  Like most gals sometimes we get the itch to find something greener so I went back to my old fav this month.  It's great for separation and length but I'm going back to BM's. "If it's not broke don't fix it!" 
My lashes are so light they're practically see-through so I need all the help I can get!  Always wear black ladies if you want to bat those lashes like Minnie Mouse! 

Tip:  Purchase where you can return. Nothing's worse than being stuck with a pricey product that doesn't work for you.

Make Up is a Gal's Best Friend (& Hair Color)! 

Remember God made you BEAUTIFUL - Make Up just Enhances What's Already There :)

Happy Primping!

XOXO Sarah Louise



2 comments:

A Southern Preppy said...

thank you for this list! it's difficult to find products for fair, sensitive skin.

Dress Beautifully said...

So glad you found it helpful! I'll post on my skincare soon :)