Nov 2, 2017

New & Navy


You gals know I'm into Navy when it comes to neutrals - well today I'm into a new trimester at 28 weeks, 3rd and final!!! I can see the end! Don't get me wrong I want her to be healthy and grow but being pregnant has been far from fun for me.  I'm ready to not be sick and to enjoy snuggling her sweet little self!

AND I passed my glucose test! I literally said 'Amen' out loud when I heard the results. I could not take another defeat.  I woke up throwing up yesterday morning so getting that nasty drink down was torture at 8am.  But with a lot of prayer, determination and Mr cheering me on holding the barf bag nearby I pushed through.

We heard her strong heart beat at 155/min - music to our ears! We will also get to see her in 3 weeks on ultrasound. I look at all these extra monitoring tests as just another opportunity to see her rather than being stressed. It's all in God's hands anyways.

So, to the topic of interest, this outfit.  I 100% prefer navy over black when it comes to dark neutrals.  I find that a lot of gals struggle with navy outside of summer because they don't want to pair it on top of jeans for fear of being monochromatic with no contrast.  The key is to opt for a lighter wash denim because those white jeans are tucked away for days between Easter and Labor Day - unless you're a rule breaker.

When it comes to maternity dressing I wanted to stay as true to my style as possible but that can be challenging because the options are so limited.  This top spoke my language in a windowpane print.  And it had a unique neckline with more of a peplum design which is very close to what I would like without the bump. It's perfect for the office with trousers but also super cute for weekends with distressed jeans and booties, as you can see.

I topped it off with an ivory jacket I already had to add a dressy element, balancing the jeans.

Prego Pals - we must use as much of our wardrobe as we can, just ignore the inability to button those blazers.









Booties  ||  Cuff  ||

Dress Beautifully in Navy

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: