Mar 18, 2019

Mamma Monday: More Compassion - Less Comparison

Hello Mammas!  I hope that you all had a sweet weekend with your littles.  Ours was one for the books. Baby Vivian Louise started to walk!!! She had been standing for a few seconds and even trying to move her feet but nothing significant.  Saturday she decided to go for it and now she's off on her own two feet.  I'm a very proud Mamma!

Milestones are sweet and special.  You cheer them on with each and every new thing and beam with joy at their successes.  They can also cause you to compare, compete and feel left behind when you see other children doing things before or better than yours (thanks social media for putting it in our faces from a million different angles).
I couldn't wait to post the video of Vivian Louise walking across our living room to me! To share such an awesome moment with friends and family who love her and us brought lots of happiness.


Now, she did this at 14 1/2 months.  We see a lot kiddos that are walking before their first birthday.  And I feel like she's surrounded by giants because she's so tiny.  Not to mention she's not a good eater.

And gracious the comparison among us Mammas! Some work, some have husbands home every night, some have family support nearby, some have nannies, and some have multiples.
God has a purposeful plan for each of us full of blessings. #truth
I encourage us all to be grateful in ALL things. I promise we all have more than we deserve.

Mammas I'm here to tell you I struggle with this every. single. day.
Mr works over 200 hours a month in the ER, most of which are night shifts. I haven't been in the corporate world for over a year and I'm constantly a domestic failure.
But I give thanks for his service heart and his hard work to provide. I cherish the time I do have with him.  I often stare at my suits hanging in the closet but that salary can't compete with her sweet smile. And cooking and cleaning don't define a good wife or mother. So I put the negativity in a box and enjoy the life I've been given.  There will be new chapters, lots of change and I'm positive I'll be shocked by how it all turns out.

Listen here. We all have a plate full of challenges.

BUT...

Your baby is made perfect, in the image of God.  We are all created uniquely with our own talents. And will do things in His perfect timing.


They say it takes a village.  I couldn't agree more! It's the love, encouragement and grace from others that has made this Mamma life more beautiful.

So let's be a village that encourages.  Cheer on other Mammas and their children's successes because you have your own successes just around the corner.

Your family is yours and you protect it, love it and nurture it.  Don't go looking into other houses.

Comparison is the thief of joy while compassion gives kindness.

Dress Beautifully in Compassion

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: