Mar 11, 2019

Mamma Monday: Shopping Small

Good morning Mammas!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

I survived Vivian Louise's first time being sick this weekend and I dare say we both handled it pretty well.  I've been anxiously awaiting this to happen, I mean she's 14 months old. She's been blessed to have gone so long without even a cold.

She woke up Friday late afternoon burning up. And although her afternoon nap was longer than usual she was a bit restless.  I tried to feed her supper but she was more disinterested than normal and all she wanted was for me to hold her.  So that's what I did. After calling her Daddy who was ironically working the Pediatric unit of the ER I decided to give her some ibuprofen.  Only 2 minutes later as I was walking into the kitchen she threw up right between us, all her dinner down my shirt UGH

I just stood there. She was scared (me too!)

I stripped us down right there and went upstairs to put new night-nights on her and some for myself.
I gave her some milk before bed ... and she threw up again thank goodness she missed her nursery chair and rug. Sigh I had to again clean that up and ourselves.
She was beyond exhausted.
I got her changed and put to bed.
She slept restlessly until 3 and then she was just crying. I held her in my arms and she slept on me until 5.  I was so tired as all her little cries kept me from sleeping. But I had missed rocking her and her sleeping on me. I gave her some milk at 5 am and that's just what she needed. I knew then she was feeling better because she was hungry. She slept sound until 8 and we spent Saturday snuggled together.


What an honor it is as a Mamma that it is our heartbeats that comfort and heal!

So moving on, as Mammas our time at Target is not just multiplied but it becomes our escape from home and into a fun outing.  We buy all the baby things and treat ourselves to coffee, snacks and ALL the things we had no idea we wanted or needed.
So thanks Target for taking our money, filling our days with fun and our homes with stuff (eh maybe not thank you for that).

But as great as the big box stores are, I believe it's very important to support small businesses.  I came from a family of entrepreneurs and truly believe that it is the American dream.
It's hard work, long hours and true dedication to embark on owning your own.

So here are a few of my favorite small businesses that you can find things for yourself and your littles:


The make the cutest smocked outfits but my favorites are their personalized pieces!
You can customize fabrics and colors.  They also smock bags.
Just go check them out! They are local to our NC coast.



They're not all that small.  They have a fantastic online shop with tons of adorable pieces at great prices.  I've preorders some cuteness for this Summer.  Although I'm pretty sure our petite princess can wear this and some other dresses again this year.


oh TBBC you get the most of my spending on Vivian Louise! And I'm not sorry about it at all (Daddy can confirm). The clothes are just darling and the bonnets, be still my heart! My Mamma is proud.
They even have Mommy and Me outfits :)


This cute online shop I discovered on Instagram (oh the things IG has made me buy!).
I love the classic smocking and colors.


SS is just a fantastic gem! They are savvy in their creation of the swap-a-smock line.  They offer a line of garments that allow for interchange smocked tabs. Genius! And you can even order personalized tabs, see above. And as they grow the tabs still fit the outfits. Cost saver gals. 


Our favorite local boutique here in Charlotte for clothes, toys and gifts!


The best for last! This shop is full of treasures not just for your littles but for yourself and your home.
They offer interior design services, lighting, furniture, home decor, clothing, jewelry, kids clothing, toys and even their own line of pj's!

So go ahead and go to the big box stores for your basics and necessities but for the all the cute things shop small!

Dress Beautifully by Shopping Small

XOXO Sarah Louise









1 comment:

Smart_Margauz said...

This is so cute. I love your article. ideal shirts for men