Mar 6, 2019

Classic with a Twist


Gals, the crisp white shirt is the foundation for any classic wardrobe - I have countless and I'm not sorry and refuse to downsize. So there!
While they're great for the office or for casual wear with jeans adding some embellishment can bring modern style to the basic shirt.

This one has ruffles across the chest and shoulders for a slightly prairie/frontier vibe.  The western look is trending hot! I'm happy about it as I like a modest and southern look.
 So I paired this button down with black skinny jeans and my most favorite booties in my favorite animal print for a causal look. Add a cross body and you're ready to go.

This is casual elevated!
What I mean by that is, this outfit is very comfortable but isn't too laid back say if you were wearing a t-shirt and sneakers. And since this top can be work to the office you are making your wardrobe work across the seasons and occasions.

Now, let's chat about black jeans.  Love them because they offer the saturated contrast that you usually achieve in your trousers during the week but have the casual coolness of denim. However, many gals are turned off because when you wash them they inevitably fade.
These I've had for years so now they're more charcoal but I've grown to really like it.
I suggest if you really want 'black' that you choose a pant like these that are more of a rider in synthetic material that doesn't fade.







Dress Beautifully with Modern Take on the Classics

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: