Apr 8, 2019

Mamma Monday: The Art of Love

To my dear Mamma gal pals,

I shared with you on Friday that I have wept over the loss of a dear friend.  She was a sister in Christ. She loved the Lord and I was able to share in worship with her as we are members of the same church.  She also has a son 6 weeks younger than baby Vivian Louise so we spent all of last year caring for our babies in the 'Mother Room' during the church service together.

I am sharing this heart break with you because I want to encourage you to love one another. It is important that though our days are full of to-do's and responsibilities (I refuse to use the word 'busy' because I despise it - like who isn't 'busy'??!!! everyone's time is valuable regardless of what may appear) that we take care of one another. Check on each other and offer uplifting words.  You could even take a moment to gift someone a meal, a cup of coffee, flowers, a sweet candle or tea. If you're really feeling generous and going for the 'friend of the year' award you could offer to watch someone's kids for a bit.

My friend and I used to enjoy going to estate sales together and vintage shopping.  We both loved fashion but her creativity lived in actually designing and sewing her clothes. We also both shared in our love of eggs and breakfast.  In my home are scattered memories of her in my closet from the pieces I bought with her, in the vintage birdcage on the shelf in our bedroom and in the grand gold mirror hanging in our entryway both of which I found with her.  I'm so happy I see these things everyday and can remember her beauty!

We are to "with all humility and gentleness with patience bearing with one another in love" Ephesians 4:2

We can not be the fix for others hardships, but God can. God can use you to help heal, love and bless others.

Maybe you're the friend that needs the support - lean on your sisters!

We are all broken living in a broken world so lets link up arm in arm because together we are stronger and no match for the negative.

I miss my friend and I hurt for her family.


A student in my Sunday school class had seen me cry and hurt over this loss and painted this watercolor of her and I.  I wept again when he gave it to me. The sorrow was a little less though as it brought joy to my heart.  He helped me heal and smile. I will frame and display this in my home and she will forever fill my world with beauty.

I hope and pray this little blog of mine finds and blesses someone!

Dress Your Heart Beautifully in the Love for Others

XOXO Sarah Louise



No comments: