Apr 26, 2019

Trending: Hair Accessories, Smocking & Clear Bags

TGIF! Gals, what a wonderful week! I celebrated my 36th birthday yesterday, actually I celebrated last weekend too with a double date with my best friend Saturday night and birthday cake with my family on Easter Sunday. I met up with my sister at the park yesterday so that our girls could play.  Vivian's cousin is only 9 weeks younger so they're bffs. She took me out to lunch and then some Target time because that's what Mammas do #truth.  Naturally we bought stuff for the kids.
Then my other sister came over in the afternoon with more lemon cake #yolo and babysat Vivian so that Mr could take me out on a date.  He actually left the hospital on time!!!
Birthdays are one of those times for extra gratitude. Life is a precious gift, one that I cherish every day. Cheers to 36 years!

She did NOT want us to leave but date nights are a MUST and they don't include her!

AND Taylor Swift released a new song at midnight!!!!! I'm a HUGE fan and have been anxiously awaiting this big news for weeks. I consider it my birthday gift :) Vivian and I had a dance party this morning and I've been jamming out to it all day. It's one of my favorites.

"I'm the only one of me ... that's the fun of me" Mr confirmed there are no truer words haha

Let's chat fashion shall we.  There are 3 things trending big right now that I wanted to share.
Hair accessories, smocking and clear bags.

Hair Accessories:
I've been wearing barrettes, clips, pins, headbands, etc. in my large mane for years! My Mamma does too.  It's like jewelry for you hair and with as much as I have it needs to be contained with something strong and be pretty.

I also don't like wearing my hair plain and in the same way everyday.  Give me accessories, braids, and twists. Hair styles shouldn't be boring.

So here are some popular and pretty hair accessories sure to make any outfit complete from head to toe!

Pearl Clips -they add bold & classy touch. I ordered these and they hold great.

Headbands - I'm ALL about this brand out of India for headbands.  It was hard to pick just one. They are intricate and beautiful.  And not too big.  I ordered this one because it's neutral and it's named 'Vivian' #meanttobe
You must check all of the unique styles out!

Tortoise Clips - I've been wearing these for over 10 years. They blend with your hair and are perfect for ALL occasions.

You can also use silk scarves tie around your ponytails.  I have a large vintage collection that I need to wear more of.

Smocking:

I'm obsessed with smocking clothes for baby Vivian but it's everywhere in women's fashion too.  Keep in mind it is super stretchy making it very fitted where it's placed on the garment. Meaning it will accentuate curves! In my opinion it's either cute or it's not. So try it on and regardless of how pretty the piece is if it's not flattering don't wear it!

Here's some that I think are pretty...

Cherry Blossom Peplum Top
I ordered this and it should arrive any day now.  My only hesitation is having to wear a strapless bra UGH more options HERE


I love the puff sleeves on this one! It may be a bit on the shorter side but not a problem with a higher waisted pant or skirt.

This peplum top is classic and would be perfect with a pair of white jeans.


Clear Bags:

Now this trend is a challenge for me. Plastic handbags ekkkk But designers are putting them out there in mass quantities and styles. So if you like them my suggestion is to limit your investment.  I don't believe this trend will last and you'll find yourself putting it in the donate pile in a couple of seasons.
I do think they are practical for public events where they check your bag or if you work in retail where your bags are checked when leaving or even at the beach.

Personally, I like my pile concealed!

I did see some at Marshalls & TJ Maxx for around $30. Similar to this one.

I love the handle on this one.

This tote has nice trim.

And this clutch is chic.

Sooooo many options HERE!


Have a FUN weekend!

Dress Beautifully in Hair Accessories, Smocking & Maybe a Clear Bag 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: