Apr 11, 2019

Easter Dressing


Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way!!! Totally something a Mamma would say in her sweet excited voice! But it's true gals, Easter is just around the corner and one of my favorite traditions throughout my life is the selection of my Easter dress. Easter outfits aren't just for children.  It's a time to refresh with pastel colors, pretty flowers and all the frills.

I feel like Christmas is a much bigger day in our society but for me Easter is everything! It is my MOST FAVORITE DAY of the ENTIRE YEAR - I love it more than my birthday (which is 2 weeks from today) and the 4th of July. I know that Jesus had to be born but the fact that he died a brutal death for mine and every single person's sins and rose again, well that should give you chill bumps!

I have to be honest, this is not going to be my Easter dress.  It was a high contender but naturally I want to match/coordinate with baby Vivian Louise and when I decided on her dress, which is a pale baby blue with pink accents and a pink bonnet (I literally swoon thinking about how precious she's going to be) I decided on this pink dress.

Sidenote: I'm almost finished with her Easter basket/gifts and I am beyond giddy for her to go on her first egg hunt. She runs more than she walks (just like her Mamma) so I know it will be so much fun. 

First I love eyelet lace fabric - it's not as matronly or fancy as other types of lace.  It's cotton and light and the ruffled hem midi length is just the right amount of flounce on this dress. The ruffled shoulders and sash tied in a bow add just the right feminine details. It also comes in 3 other colors.





I also want to take a moment to talk about these earrings. They were a gift from my mother-in-law while she was visiting last week. They are mother of pearl so the iridescent colors compliment what ever shade you're wearing.  Although a statement, they are light weight and just enough for day or evening. I will be wearing them so much this Summer!



Dress Beautifully for Easter Sunday

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Sanju Reddy said...

For a killer effect, you can go with contrasting colors. A bright pink top matched with bright yellow high waisted bathing suit bottoms will get heads turning. It is the deadly combination for killer look.